Division of Environmental Analysis (DEA) LINKS
- DEA Home
- SER Home
- Environmental Documents
- Contracts for Environmental Services
- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
Last Updated: Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:41 AM
Perchlorate is a naturally occurring and man-made chemical that may contaminate water and soil. Caltrans may use perchlorate-containing materials, road flares and blasting agents.
Caltrans follows the Perchlorate Best Management Practices (BMPs) developed by the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) to reduce or eliminate the release of perchlorate into the environment and to prevent contamination of surface and groundwater. Caltrans ensures that staff managing perchlorate-containing materials are trained to handle, store, use, dispose and report in compliance with the BMPs.
- Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council perchlorate remediation website: http://www.itrcweb.org/teampublic_perchlorate.asp
- Caltrans Powerpoint Perchlorate Training 2006 (37KB)
- DTSC Perchlorate Website http://www.dtsc.ca.gov/HazardousWaste/Perchlorate/index.cfm
- State Water Resources Control Board Perchlorate Website http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/cwphome/perchlorate/
- Technical Information Website http://cluin.org/emergingcontaminants/
For more information please e-mail