- Local Assistance Home
- Bicycle Program Home
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Contacts
- Bicycle Commuting & Safety
- Bicycle Related Sites, Maps & Publications
- Bicycle Transportation Account (Local Assistance)
- California Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Codes, Laws & Regulations
- Guidelines, Manuals, Policies & Reports
- Special Events
- A Calendar of Bike Events Throughout California
- Tips for Safer Cycling
- ARB Bicycle Awareness Program
The Bicycle Facilities Unit is responsible for the Caltrans bike program. Acting as the Department's bicycle advocate, the unit's objective is to improve safety and convenience for bicyclists. The unit provides policy, funding, planning and technical expertise in bicycle transportation in consultation with federal, state, and local transportation agencies, Caltrans headquarters and District staff, legislative staff, and the public.
For more information, please contact:
April Nitsos (Acting)
Bicycle Facilities Unit
Division of Local Assistance, MS-1
California Department of Transportation
P.O. Box 942874
Sacramento, CA 94274-0001
Phone: (916) 653-8450
To report any difficulty experienced in accessing Caltrans programs, services or activities or any discriminations covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act or the Fair Employment and Housing Act, please contact us at (916) 324-1353 Voice; 711 TTY; (916) 324-1869 Fax.
Please feel free to send comments regarding this web site to the DLA Webmaster.