- Local Assistance Home
- Bicycle Program Home
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Contacts
- Bicycle Commuting & Safety
- Bicycle Related Sites, Maps & Publications
- Bicycle Transportation Account (Local Assistance)
- California Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Codes, Laws & Regulations
- Guidelines, Manuals, Policies & Reports
- Special Events
- A Calendar of Bike Events Throughout California
- Tips for Safer Cycling
- ARB Bicycle Awareness Program
California Bicycle Advisory Committee
Formed by Caltrans in 1992, the California Bicycle Advisory Committee (CBAC) is composed of members who represent various California agencies and organizations. The committee provides guidance to Caltrans on bicycle issues. CBAC also reviews and comments on any proposed adoption or experimentation approval related to bicycle issues prior to consideration by the California Traffic Control Devices Committee (CTCDC). THE CBAC Chair, or designee, is an ex-officio nonvoting member of the CTCDC while bicycle issues are being discussed.
Meetings are held on the first Thursday of every other month starting with February. The Bicycle Facilities Unit provides staff support to the committee. For further information, contact the Bicycle Facilities Unit.
California Bicycle Advisory Committee Meetings
To report any difficulty experienced in accessing Caltrans programs, services or activities or any discriminations covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act or the Fair Employment and Housing Act, please contact us at (916) 324-1353 Voice; 711 TTY; (916) 324-1869 Fax. Please feel free to send comments regarding this web site to the DLA Webmaster.