Emergency Force Account (EFA) Contracts
Welcome to EFA Contracts web page. This page offers links to documents and other information to assist contractors.
EFA contracts are used to obtain labor, materials, and equipment at direct cost plus prescribed markup for emergencies requiring immediate action because of road closure or danger to public safety. An example of an EFA contract is the repair of a highway section washed away by a mudslide. EFA contracts do not require bids.
Contractor shall submit all required documents to the Contract Manager or designee as soon as possible for execution of an agreement and payment of invoices.
Below are applicable documents for State and/or Federal funding requirements:
- Payment Bond (ADM-2009)
- Insurance Certificate
- Payee Data Record (STD. 4)
- Iran Contracting Act (if $1 million or more)
- Voluntary Statistical Data Sheet (ADM-3023)
- Emergency Construction Contract Requirements (ADM-4012)
- Small Business Questionnaire (ADM-2046)
- Certified DVBE Summary (ADM-4015)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Information/Underutilized (UDBE) Participation (ADM-0227F)
- California Civil Rights Law Certification (if more than $100,000)
Contractor shall ensure it meets all license, registration, and certification requirements and provide required insurance coverages, endorsements, and payment bond.
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
- Become a Certified Business
- Architectural and Engineering Contracts
- View Payment Information
- Submit a Claim
- Attend a Caltrans Event
- Submit a Public Records Request
- Purchase a Publication/Software
- Download Forms
- Contact a Caltrans District Office
- Contact Caltrans Division of Procurement and Contracts
- Contact Caltrans Office of Business and Economic Opportunity
Department of Transportation
Procurement and Contracts
1727 30th Street, MS 65
Sacramento, CA 95816
Phone: (916) 227-6000