- Encroachment Permits
- Local Assistance
- Program ⁄ Project Management
- Public Information
- Small Business
- Contact Us
High Point Curve Realignment Project
This project has been designed to improve the safety along 1 mile of US 395 by realigning horizontal and vertical curves, expanding the shoulder width from 2 to 8 feet, and reduce rockfall concerns. The location of the project is adjacent to Topaz Lake approximately 0.5 mile south of the California Agricultural Inspection Station, post mile 118.7 to 119.6. This $17.2 million project, which will be completed in October 2012, will provide a safer travel experience for motorists. The contractor is Disney Construction, Inc of Burlingame, CA.
- Pre Construction
- May 11, 2012
- May 22, 2012
- June 12, 2012
- June 29, 2012
- July 24, 2012
- August 27, 2012
- September 20, 2012
- October 19, 2012
New Information as of October 1, 2012:
- All piles for the retaining walls have been installed.
- Backfilling of earth for the retaining walls has begun.
- Drilling for the wire mesh anchors is complete.
- Placement of the anchored mesh on slopes has begun and is expected to be complete by October 15.
- Final paving and retaining wall activities are expected to be complete by mid-November.
- The contract with Disney Construction was approved March 28, 2012. Bid information is available here
Construction is scheduled to begin in spring 2012 and continue through fall 2012. The following activities and dates are the best estimate available at this time.
- April 2012: install construction area signs, stormwater protection, etc.
- May 2012: complete major earthwork (which includes night work during night closure period), begin construction of retaining walls
- June 2012 through September 2012: construct retaining walls, install anchored mesh on slopes, realign roadway
- October / November 2012: install guardrail, paving, final cleanup
For More Information Contact
- Cedrik Zemitis, Caltrans Project Manager, 760-872-5250 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Florene Trainor, Caltrans Public Information Officer, 760-872-5235 or email@example.com
- For general State highway information: 1-800-427-ROAD (7623) or www.dot.ca.gov