500 S. Main Street
Bishop, CA 93514
- Encroachment Permits
- Local Assistance
- Program ⁄ Project Management
- Public Information
- Small Business
- Contact Us
Notice of Intent to Adopt a "Mitigated Negative Declaration" for the Towne Pass Curve Correction Project.
- The California Department of Tranportation is proposing to correct the alignment of six curves on State Route 190 in Inyo County between Towne Pass and Stovepipe Wells, in Death Valley National Park.
- One or more of the alternatives being evaluted will have an effect on a historic property eligible for the National Register of Historic Places.
- Caltrans has evaluated whether adequate mitigation measures can be incorporated into the project plans.
- The Initial Study with the Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration is available for review by clicking on this link:
- Do you have any comments about processing the project with a Mitigated Negative Declaration and Initial Study/ Environmental Assessment? Do you disagree with the findings of our study set forth in the Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration? Do you want a public hearing? Would you care to make any other comments on the project? Please submit your comments in writing no later than November 9, 2016 to Caltrans, 500 S. Main Street, Bishop, California 93514. We will begin accepting comments Tuesday, September 20, 2016. If there are no major comments Caltrans will proceed with the project’s design.
District 9 Environmental Documents
- Haiwee Clear Recovery Zone Initial Study - April 2013
- An Assessment of the Sandhouse Project's Effects on Mule Deer Movement and Mortality - October 1999