500 S. Main Street
Bishop, CA 93514
- Encroachment Permits
- Local Assistance
- Program ⁄ Project Management
- Public Information
- Small Business
- Contact Us
Public Notice for the Little Walker Shoulders Project on U.S. 395
- The California Department of Tranportation is proposing to widen shoulders, construct retaining walls, and install rumble strips to increase motorist safety on U.S. Route 395 in Mono county near SR 108 "Sonora Junction" from Post Mile 93.4 to 95.7.
- The proposed work will encroach upon wetlands. The project is being evaluated to determine if there are any practical alternatives to avoid this encroachment or if not, to ensure that all practical measures are taken to minimize harm to the wetlands.
- Caltrans has studied the effects this project may have on the environment. Our studies show it will not significantly affect the quality of the environment. This notice is to tell you of the preparation of the Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration and Initial Study and of its avaiablity for you to read.
- The Initial Study with Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration is available for review by clicking on this link:
- Do you have any comments about processing the project with an Initial Study with Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration? Do you disagree with the findings of our study set forth in the Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration? Would you care to make any other comments on the project? Please submit your comments in writing no later than June 12, 2015 to Angela Calloway, Senior Environmental Planner, 500 S. Main Street, Bishop, California 93514 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are no major comments Caltrans will proceed with the project’s design.
District 9 Environmental Documents
- Haiwee Clear Recovery Zone Initial Study - April 2013
- An Assessment of the Sandhouse Project's Effects on Mule Deer Movement and Mortality - October 1999