Dealing with Traffic
Plan your commute by using construction update information found in our FAST FAX.
- Look at the Real-time Traffic Map for District 8 camera views, to read messages on the big changeable message signs (CMS), speed information, link to the CHP incident information, etc.
- Avoid rush hour if possible. Travel at non-peak hours or stagger your work schedule to avoid rush hours between 6-9 AM and 3-7 PM.
- Consider using alternative modes of transportation. For bus routes call the Riverside Transit Agency Customer Information Center at 1-800-800-7821.
- If your car breaks down, use the nearest emergency call box or wait for the Freeway Service Patrol.
- Observe posted detour signs and proceed with caution through construction areas to ensure your safety and the safety of construction workers. Slow for the cone zone!
- Please note that construction zones are designated “double-fine” zones whether or not workers are present, and are patrolled by the California Highway Patrol. This is for your safety, as the roadway may contain barriers and heavy equipment, or have a different configuration during construction.
- Call the 60/91/215 Project Transportation Helpline at 1-866-60-91-215 for the latest construction updates, Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM. If calling outside these hours, please leave a message and we will return your call on the next business day.
In partnership with your employer, the Riverside County Transportation Commission (RCTC) offers commuters who stardt sharing a ride $2 per day in gift certificates for each day they rideshare during a three month period. You can carpool, vanpool, use public transit, take Metrolink, walk, bicycle, or telecommute. If you are currently ridesharing to work, CLUB RIDE is for you, and offers its members incentives at local merchants all year long. Call the RCTC Commuter Assistance Program at 1-866-RIDESHARE to join the program that’s right for you.
For more information you can also visit the Riverside County Transportation Commission website at www.rctc.org.