- Caltrans Statewide
- District 4 Home Page
- District 4 Departments
- Organizational Chart
- Contact District 4
Right of Way
Right of Way Engineering, Surveys & Mapping Services Office1. Project Management/Resource Management Branch
- Acts as single-point project management contact for District land surveying activities.
- Ensures "on-time" delivery of land surveying requests for services through systematic scheduling and monitoring procedures.
- Prepares and updates XPM work plans for all Office involved projects.
- Estimates resources needs (personnel, computer equipment, vehicles including staffing and operating expenses, monitors costs and maintains expenditure reports).
- Provides and schedules training to other branches within the Office.
- Review of PID documents, PS&E's and requests Survey Engineer File.
- The Surveys Records Branch (Room 1303) is one of the most valuable resources available to the users of surveying and mapping products and should be considered one of the first points of contact. The Records Branch is the place to find aerial photographs, right of way record maps, right of way acquisition and disposal documents, topographic maps, documentation maps, records of previous surveys, and electronic digital files.
- A research visit to the Records Branch is a pre-requisite during PID preparation or prior to beginning any design project, or completing any survey request application. Ideally, the person visiting the Records Branch is not a newcomer to the project, but rather the project engineer or someone working on the job that can ask and answer some questions necessary for adequate research.
- Provides "expert testimony" on land surveying issues and provides assistance to Caltrans attorneys as needed.
- Reviews Encroachment Permits, and Legal Coordination.
- Prepares and updates R/W record maps and a history of parcels conveyed both to and from the Department.
- GIS Coordination, and Computer Aided Design (CAD) program.
- Responsible for establishing Survey's data base and integrating its retrieval systems and managing the implementation and technical support of Surveys data processing systems used in the production of R/W Engineering and Land Surveying products and services.
- Manage implementation and technical support of Surveys data processing systems used in the production of R/W Engineering and Surveying products and services.
- First level Network support.
- First level Lotus Notes support.
- Workstation distribution, support, and inventory.
- Netware server support.
- Prepares maps and documents for the appraisal, acquisition and disposal of right of way.
- Prepares land-net perpetuation documents and final documentation maps in accordance with the Professional Land Surveyors Act and other statutes.
- Maintains status report for active and deferred Director's Deeds; initiates actions to reduce deferments.
- Provides technical guidance and surveying quality assurance to local agencies and their consultants involved in special funded Department involved transportation improvement projects.
- Reviews encroachment permits, dedications, cooperative agreements, maintenance and freeway agreements, and reviews contract documents and scope of work items.
- Maintains status report for active and deferred relinquishment maps and Director's Deeds; initiates actions to reduce deferments.
2. Surveys Records Branch
3. Right of Way GIS - Automation Support Branch
Coordinate Automation Support with District IT including:
4. Right of Way Engineering Branch
5. Local Public Agency Coordination Branch