The Right of Way Engineering, Surveys, and Mapping Office consists of 6 segments:
- The Right of Way Engineering Branch prepares maps and documents for the appraisal, acquisition and disposal of State Highway right of way.
- The Local Public Agency Coordination Branch assists local transit authorities in preparing maps and documents for the acceptance of locally funded roadway projects into the State Highway System.
- The Right of Way Records and Data Branch is responsible for maintaining, cataloging and delivering the various products of the Office. These include right of way maps, deeds, GIS files and aerial inventory photos.
- Right of Way Closeout Branch ensures the final right of way monumentation maps are prepared and filed with the appropriate county recorder. They are also responsible for the preparation of Director’s Deeds, and review of encroachment permits from Survey’s and Right of Way Engineering’s perspective.
- Project Management Branch coordinates work plan development to ensure adequate personnel resources are available for the Surveys and Right of Way Engineering workload. This branch is also responsible for obtaining training classes needed by the offices.
- The Legal Coordination Branch provides expert testimony on right of way and surveying issues related to the State Highway system.