- Caltrans Statewide
- District 4 Home Page
- District 4 Departments
- Organizational Chart
- Contact District 4
U.S. 101 Broadway Interchange Reconstruction Project
- 9/28/16 - Stage 4 of U. S. 101/Broadway Interchange Project
- 3/25/16 - 13 South of Broadway Terrace Mailer
- 2/18/16 - CALTRANS D4 AUDIOVISUAL SERVICES | CT2845 | US-101 @ BROADWAY DETOUR UPDATE | REVISION 3 | 02.18.2016
Phase Three of U. S. 101/Broadway Interchange Project
- 7/29/15 - U.S.101 Broadway Interchange Project Update San Mateo County – Beginning this evening (July 29, 2015), Caltrans will conduct emergency repairs on southbound U.S. 101 at the Broadway off-ramp.
- 7/17/15 - Beginning July 28, 2015, Caltrans will be performing construction work on the southbound off-ramp of U.S. 101 at the Broadway exit as part of the construction of the U.S. 101 Broadway overpass. (Updated 7/28)
- 5/28/15 - U.S. Route 101 Broadway Interchange Project Update Full Freeway Closures (San Mateo County) Burlingame May 30-31- June 6-7
- 3/13/15 - U.S. Route 101 Broadway Interchange Project Update (San Mateo County)
San Mateo County – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has begun preparation for construction on the U.S. State Route 101 Broadway Interchange Project in Burlingame.
Crews have started clearing and grubbing work along Bayshore Highway, Airport Boulevard , and portions of U.S. State Route 101 next to the on and off ramps. Traffic control barriers have also been installed along the on and off ramps to Broadway Avenue from Route 101.
All this work is in preparation for soil work in the interchange. Between now and the end of October, the public will also see work in preparation to demolish the vacant building on Rollins Road, which is on the northeast corner of Rollins Road and Broadway Avenue.
The U.S. State Route 101 Broadway Interchange Project will remove the existing four-lane Broadway overpass and construct a new seven-lane overpass approximately 170 feet north of the existing structure. Broadway will be realigned to extend straight across U.S. 101 from the Broadway/Rollins Road intersection on the west to the Bayshore Highway/Airport Boulevard intersection on the east.
This project will be completed by the fall of 2017 (weather permitting)
For the latest road conditions, try Caltrans Quick Map: http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov
Or follow Caltrans on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/CaltransD4
You can go to the project website to be added to the group e-mail list or get additional project information at: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/projects/broadwayrecon/index.htm
Caltrans appreciates your patience as we work to construct the highways.