Office of Local Assistance | Training
General Training information is available at Caltrans' Local Assistance Training Program Website
Please contact District 4 Local Assistance Training Coordinator at (510) 286-5233 to check availability. TDD users may contact the California Relay Service TDD line at 1-800-735-2929 or Voice Line 1-800-735-2922.
Previous Training Presentations
- Formally called an "Authorization to Proceed," a E-76 is a federal authorization of funds to establish the reimbursement date for a phase of work. A separate E-76 request is required for preliminary engineering, right of way, utility relocation, and construction phases if federal funds are to be used in that phase of work. This presentation (slide 15 updated 10/31/2014) provides an overview of the E-76 process.
- General: The Dirty Dozen
- Right of Way
- This presentation was part of the Quality Assurance Program (QAP) training which was intended to help agencies develop their QAPs. For those agencies with QAPs more than 5 years old, it served as guidance in updating their QAP. The following information was provided during the training session:
- Caltrans Independent Assurance Manual: Procedures for Accreditation of Laboratories and Qualification of Testers
- Statewide Training
- Coming Soon! A Consultant Selection Traning is scheduled for January 20, 2015 at the Caltrans' District 4 offices. More information will be provided soon.
- Please save the date for a Caltrans training session on Risk Based Invoicing. Caltrans has adopted a new invoice procedure statewide. Effective October 1, 2014, all agencies are required to fill out a checklist accompanied by a billing summary when submitting invoices to the District for processing. This training session will discuss these requirements and answer questions. For more information see Caltrans Bulletin DLA-OB 14-05. Contact your county CMA for registration information.
|Local Agency||Date, Time||Location|
|Alameda County||November 20, 2014: 9:00AM – 11:30AM||Alameda County Transportation Commission, 1111 Broadway, Suite 800 Conference Rooms (B,C,D), Oakland, CA 94607|
|Contra Costa County||November 19, 2014: 9:00AM – 11:30AM||Contra Costa Transportation Authority, 2999 Oak Road, Suite 100, Walnut Creek, CA, 94597|
|Marin County||December 2, 2014 2:00PM- 4:00PM||San Rafael Community Center, 618 “B” Street, San Rafael, CA 94901|
|Napa and Sonoma Counties||November 20, 2014: 1:00PM – 2:30PM||Sonoma County Transportation Authority, 490 Mendocino Avenue, Suite 206, Santa Rosa, CA 95401|
|San Mateo County||November 12, 2014: 1:00PM – 3:00PM||SamTrans Auditorium (2nd Floor), 1250 San Carlos Avenue, San Carlos, CA 94070|
|San Francisco County||November 18, 2014: 1:00PM – 3:00PM||San Francisco County Transportation Authority, 1455 Market St. 22nd Flr., San Francisco, CA 94103|
|Santa Clara County, Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, Metropolitan Transportation Commission||November 20, 2014: 1:00PM-3:00PM||VTA Auditorium, 3331 N. First Street, San Jose, CA 95134|
|Solano County||November 17, 2014: 1:00PM – 3:00PM||Solano Transportation Authority, One Harbor Center, Conference Room #1, Suisun City, 94585|