- Calmentor Executed Guidelines
- Program Brochure
- Sample MOU
- Pairing Matrix
- Public Agency Participant Application
Mentor firms are established firms that have held contracts in excess of $5 million aggregate with Caltrans and/or other public agencies. Calmentor graduate protégé firms also may become mentors. A major expectation for mentor firms is to annually pair with a protégé firm in a 12-month mentoring relationship to achieve mutually agreed upon business development goals and Calmentor Program development milestones.
Additional mentor firm expectations include:
- Entering into a MOU with a protégé firm within three months of approval of membership and having one active MOU in any given year;
- Initiating the pairing process by facilitating the first meeting with the protégé firm within one month of the Steering Committee’s approval of an MOU;
- Meeting with their paired protégé firm at least four times per year to support the achievement of MOU goals;
- Designating one representative to attend each of the Jt. Professional Liaison – Calmentor Program Quarterly Meetings and the Calmentor Annual Awards Luncheon; and
- Notifying the Steering Committee when challenges arise with approved pairings that cannot be resolved between the Mentor and Protégé.
Mentor firms benefit from active participation in the Calmentor Program through opportunities to:
- Learn from protégé firms;
- Meet potential teaming partners;
- Receive information about upcoming public sector contracts;
- Develop new relationships with other A&E firms;
- Interact with Caltrans and other public sector transportation managers;
- Develop a better understanding about the Caltrans organization;
- Give feedback and input to Caltrans and its public partners on issues of concern to the public sector transportation industry.