- Caltrans Statewide
- District 4 Home Page
- District 4 Departments
- Organizational Chart
- Contact District 4
Calera Parkway Widening
IN SAN MATEO COUNTY IN PACIFICA ON ROUTE 1 FROM FASSLER AVENUE (PM 42.0) TO SOUTH OF WESTPORT (PM 43.2).
Provide operational improvement by adding one lane in each direction
Purpose & Needs
Improve traffic operations, decrease traffic congestion and delay, and improve peak-period travel time.
The project proposes to widen State Route 1 (SR 1) from four lanes to six lanes (three through-lanes in each travel direction) in the City of Pacifica, County of San Mateo, California. The portion of SR 1 proposed for widening extends from approximately 1,500 feet south of Fassler Avenue/Rockaway Beach Avenue to approximately 2,300 feet north of Reina Del Mar Avenue, a distance of 1.3 miles. The project includes improvements to the two intersections within the proposed project limits.
This is an Oversight Project. Work is done By San Mateo County Transportation Authority (SMCTA). Caltrans is the lead agency under both CEQA and NEPA.
Draft Environmental document was released on August 8, 2011. Public Meeting date was September 22, 2011. As per City of Pacifica request, the public review period was extended to October 22, 2011 from the original expiration date of October 7, 2011.The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) is currently preparing responses to the comments received during the 75 day public comment period associated with the circulation of the Draft Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Assessment (EIR/EA). Due to the substantial interest and the volume of public comments received, the Final EIR/EA is scheduled to be completed in mid 2013.
Project Funding: The project will be funded from San Mateo County Transportation Measure A and STIP funds. In addition, potential Federal funding would be used if it becomes available.
The total estimated cost of the project is $52 Million dollars, which includes construction capital, Right of Way capital, and support cost.
The Draft EIR/EA, maps, and other project information, along with the Project-Level Conformity Information, are available for review at the following locations:
- Department of Transportation District 4 Office, 111 Grand Avenue, Oakland, CA
- San Mateo County Transportation Authority, 1250 San Carlos Avenue, San Carlos, CA
- Sanchez Library, 1111 Terra Nova Blvd. , Pacifica, CA
- Sharp Park Library, 104 Hilton Way at Palmetto, Pacifica, CA
- Pacifica City Hall, 170 Santa Maria Avenue, Pacifica, CA
- Community Center, 540 Crespi Drive at Highway 1, Pacifica, CA
- Planning Department, 1800 Francisco Blvd., Pacifica, CA
- Public Works – Engineering Division, 151 Milagra Drive, Pacifica, CA
- Electronic versions of the document also are available online at:
- Public Comment Presentation | Power Point
- Public Notice Extension
For further information, please contact us via letter, phone or email:
Public Information Officer
Caltrans, Division of External Affairs
111 Grand Avenue - Mail Station: 6E
Oakland, CA 94612
Ph: (510) 510-286-5574