Climate Change Pilot Study
Caltrans District 1 applied for and received a grant from the Federal Highway Administration to study the potential vulnerabilities of transportation assets to climate change throughout the district (Del Norte, Humboldt, Mendocino, and Lake Counties), and to identify and evaluate a range of adaptation options to address the identified vulnerabilities at four prototype locations. The study was developed while working with all four Regional Transportation Planning Agencies and other federal, state, and local governmental/regulatory agencies.
Presentation given to the Humboldt County Association of Governments (HCAOG) on December 18, 2014.
- Adaptation Options By County (PDF 8K)
- Environmental Science Associates (ESA) Climate Data Memo (PDF 12.5M)
- Project Summary (PDF 80K)
- Presentation to Del Norte County Public Meeting on 8-26-2014 (PDF 11.9M)
- Del Norte County Public Meeting Agenda (PDF 8K)
- Presentation to Humboldt County Public Meeting on 8-25-2014 (PDF 16.4M)
- Humboldt County Public Meeting Agenda (PDF 6K)
- Presentation to Lake County Public Meeting on 8-27-2014 (PDF 10.3M)
- Lake County Public Meeting Agenda (PDF 8K)
- Presentation to Mendocino County Public Meeting on 8-28-2014 (PDF 10.3M)
- Mendocino County Public Meeting Agenda (PDF 8K)