- Strategic Growth Plan
- Outside Agencies
- Early Education Center - The Center offers spacious rooms for infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers and is open to the public.
- District 7 Video Channel
District 7 Projects
Alamitos Bay Bridge Improvement Project
The Alamitos Bay Bridge is located on State Route 1, in the City of Long Beach a north-south arterial that provides interregional, recreational, commuter, truck access and local travel through an urban corridor. The bridge was identified as having seismic de¬ficiencies. The bridge may fail during earthquake; it has deficient structure (columns), potential scour issues, and erosion at channel banks. Besides, it has cracks in the concrete curb, potholes on the deck, and cracks at various piers and piles, as well as missing original wooden fender system.
Improvements to the bridge are needed to enhance the safety of the structure and to maintain the level of service. Three alternatives are proposed for the project:
- 1. No Build Alternative – there would be no changes to the existing bridge.
- 2. Bridge Retro¬fit Alternative – the existing bridge would be repaired and strengthened to meet current seismic standards.
- 3. Bridge Replacement Alternative – the existing bridge would be replaced with a new, wider bridge that meets current seismic standards.
Caltrans is initiating studies for this project. A joint Initial Study/Environmental Assessment is being prepared pursuant to CEQA (California Environmental Quality Act) and NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act). Caltrans is the lead agency under CEQA and NEPA.
Senior Environmental Planner
100. S. Main Street, MS. 16A
Los Angeles, CA. 90012
Tel: (213) 897-1839
Fax: (213) 897-0685
- Scoping Notice
- Scoping Meeting
- Meeting Presentation (PPT)
- Meeting Exhibits
- Alternative 2 Aerial Map
- Alternative 2 Cross Section
- Alternative 3 Aerial Map
- Alternative 3 Roadway Cross Section
- Alternative 2 Preliminary Rendering
- Alternative 3 Preliminary Rendering
- Alternative 3 with Architectural Treatment Preliminary Rendering
- Environmental Issues to be analyzed
- Environmental Schedule