- Strategic Growth Plan
- Outside Agencies
- Early Education Center - The Center offers spacious rooms for infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers and is open to the public.
District 7 Projects
SR-60 Paramount Boulevard Bridge Repair
The project reconstructed the Paramount Boulevard bridge (originally built in 1967) with a replacement structure. This new structure was designed and built to current standards including shoulders and sidewalks.
The new bridge is:
• 128 feet wide, 32 feet wider than the old bridge of 96 feet.
• The new bridge will add one additional northbound lane (east side) and have standard shoulder widths of 8 feet (currently, no shoulders on the bridge)
• 14-foot center median (current median is 12 feet), and 6-foot sidewalks (current sidewalks are 5 feet).
On December 14, 2011, a tanker truck traveling eastbound on State Route 60 (Pomona Freeway) burst into flames beneath the Paramount Boulevard bridge. The concrete girders, soffit and columns all sustained severe fire damage and the bridge had to be demolished.
• Caltrans, the County of Los Angeles and the cities of Montebello and Monterey Park worked closely together to address re-opening the Paramount Boulevard overcrossing.
• The Emergency Relief Program consists of two parts: emergency work/operations completed during the first 180 days of the incident with 100 percent reimbursement of eligible costs, and permanent restoration with 88.53 percent reimbursement rate.
• Replacement of this bridge in the shortest possible time was essential for re-opening Paramount Boulevard overcrossing and associated ramps in order to restore access for essential emergency, commercial and commuter services.
• Environmental review was expedited due to the emergency nature of this project. Caltrans coordinated with utilities to ensure all permit and cooperative agreement requirements where met.
• Caltrans will continue to keep the public informed through news releases, blogs, Twitter feeds, photos and a detour map posted on the Caltrans District 7 web page.
The emergency bid contract began on March 2, 2012. The project completed May, 2012.