Edmund G. Brown Jr.
DISTRICT 7 DIRECTOR
The Employee Newsletter for the California Department of Transportation, District 7, Los Angeles and Ventura Counties.
Inside Seven - Archive - Issue
- (Deputies Zone)
- The Districtâ€™s Health and Safety Team Is Watching Your Back
(As well as your eyes, heads, feet and arms) This team promotes the Caltrans Program to reduce on-the-job accidents, injuries, illness and absenteeism.
by: Maria Raptis
- District 7 Says Goodbye to a Local Hero (Feature) Cover Story
Doug's 29 years with Caltrans leave a lasting legacy of excellence. by: Judy Gish
- Diversity and Disability Awareness Day 2009 (Feature)
Staff show off what makes District 7 the most diverse district in the state. by: Patrick Chandler
- Caltrans Turns Adversity into Opportunity to Improve Quality (Feature)
Henry Ford said, "Quality is doing it right when no one is looking." by: Judy Gish
- Share the Ride, Spare the Environment (Feature)
To promote Rideshare Week and the benefits of carpooling, Caltrans District 7 held its 2nd Annual Rideshare Fair on Thursday, October 2 in the District Plaza.
- A Few Good Men and Women (Feature)
Caltrans employees explain the connection between civil servant and soldier. by: Patrick Chandler
- Office of Design Celebrates SR-110 Public-Private Joint Venture (Feature)
by: Kelly Markham
- And the Award Goes to â€¦ Synched Traffic Lights, â€œQwick Kurbsâ€ and Roger San Juan! (Feature)
Projects that relieve traffic and improve safety nab transportation awards. Roger San Juan is recognized for his service to the film community. by: Kelly Markham
- Taming the Slopes: How an Intrepid Caltrans Expedition Took On the Rockfall Peril (Feature)
A team of 20 Caltrans staff headed into Angeles National Forest for a series of groundbreaking rockfall tests. Turns out, the rocks had a little surprise for them. by: Kelly Markham
- Hands-On Art Education
Art Students from the Braille Institute of Los Angeles Sight Center display their creative works for Caltrans in recognition of Disability Awareness Month by: Maria Raptis
- Chilao Maintenance Yard Update (Feature)
by: Patrick Chandler