Bidder InquiriesSign In | Create Account
Viewing inquiries for 05-1J7404Submit new inquiry for this project
Inquiry #1: With regards to item 13 - Removal of Thermoplastic Traffic Stripe would Caltrans eliminate this portion of work for the following reasons:
1) Removing the existing delineation will require stationary closures. This would be of more inconvenience to the travelling public and expose the work crews significantly more.
2) Removing this item could save the state a significant amount of money in both the removal item as well as the associated traffic control.
3) It would allow the placement of the striping in a more expediently and the benefits of the SB1 funds would be recognized faster by the public.
4) As this is a safety project to bring the striping dimensions up to the new standard this would also expedite the installation.
5) It would lessen the impact on the environment by not generating any waste.
Inquiry submitted 01/09/2018
Response #1:Submitted for consideration.
Response posted 01/09/2018
Response #2:Bid per current contract documents.
Response posted 01/10/2018
Inquiry #2: Do the item quantities take into consideration the "coincident or adjacent contracts" listed on page 5 of the special provisions?
Inquiry submitted 01/16/2018
Response #1:Refer to PDQ-1 (sheet 6 of 13) for quantities and limits of work.
Response posted 01/16/2018
The information provided in the responses to bidder inquiries is not a waiver of Section 2-1.07, "JOB SITE AND DOCUMENT EXAMINATION" of the Standard Specifications or any other provision of the contract, nor to excuse the contractor from full compliance with the contract. Bidders are cautioned that subsequent responses or contract addenda may change a previous response.
REBUILDING CALIFORNIA - Senate Bill 1
Senate Bill 1, the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017 invests $54 billion over the next decade to fix roads, freeways and bridges. See where the money is going at www.rebuildingca.ca.gov
Statewide Alerts and Other Information