Division of Engineering Services – Program/Project Management and Office Engineer
Our Mission: Providing qualified contractors with a fair opportunity to bid on Department construction contracts that are:
- Uniform statewide and aid efficient construction administration
- Full, complete, and accurate
We develop, advertise, and award quality Minor A, Major Construction, and Maintenance contracts for the districts and deliver those contracts to Construction.
Office Engineer Highlights
- The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) is partnering with utility companies to help protect critical energy infrastructure information. To do this, Caltrans is introducing the use of a non-disclosure and user agreement (NDA). Access to the project plans will be allowed only to those who have a Caltrans Bidding Connect account and who agree to the terms of the NDA.
A database will record the name, date, time, and project number(s) each time a Caltrans Bidding Connect account holder accesses project plans. Caltrans employees are exempted.
The implementation is scheduled for November 30, 2017.
- Beginning with projects advertised, or addenda issued on or after October 16, 2017, electronic bid files i.e. bid books and addenda, will be distributed through the Bidx.com website. These electronic bid files will no longer be available on the Caltrans website.
- Electronic Bidding Update Caltrans has chosen the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, Trns*port Expedite Bid software as its electronic bidding solution. Expedite is integrated with Info Tech's Bid Express Internet Bidding Service (Bidx) for the submittal of electronic bids through the Internet.
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
Office Engineer Links
Engineering Related Information: