Death Valley Junction Thin Blanket Project
About the Project:
Caltrans is proposing to replace existing pavement with a 0.10' thin lift of asphalt and place shoulder backing up to three feet from the edge of the pavement at the junction of State Route (SR) 127/190 in Inyo County.
Caltrans has studied the effects this project may have on the environment. Our studies show it will not significantly affect the quality of the environment. The report that explains why is called an "Initial Study." This notice is to tell you of the preparation of the Initial Study with Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration and its availability for you to read.
Maps for the Initial Study with Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration and other project information is included in the Focused Initial Study with Proposed Mitigated Negative Delcaration.
The comment period for the Initial Study is now past.
For More Information Contact
- Florene Trainor, Caltrans District 9 Public Information Officer, 760-872-0603
- For general State highway information: 1-800-427-ROAD (7623) or www.dot.ca.gov.
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
District 9 Links
- Highway Conditions
- Live Traffic Cameras
- District 9 Press Releases
- Road Maintenance Service Request
- Points of Interest
- Status of Projects
- District History
- Bike Page
- Job Opportunities
- Post Mile Log
- Winter Driving Tips
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Infrastructure Program
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Grievance Form
Phone: (760) 872-0601