Caltrans Releases Draft State Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan
Blueprint Details Department’s Plans to Meet Ambitious Active Transportation Goals.
Review the Draft Plan and provide your feedback!
District 6 Small Business Program
- Free Small Business State and Federal Workshops
Learn how to make your way through the procurement processes and compete effectively for your share of the Federal, State and HSR contracting opportunities. Caltrans representative will provide information on how the State of California contracting programs work. A representative from High Speed Rail will discuss contracting with HSR. There will be an overview of SBA’s various contracting programs including the 8(a) Program and HUBZone Program along with contracting information for women-owned and veteran-owned businesses. The SBA Surety Bond Guarantee Program will also be discussed at the workshop.
Location: U. S. Small Business Administration
801 R Street, Suite 201, 2nd Floor
Fresno, California 93721
Thursday, October 20, 2016
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Thursday, December 16, 2016
Thursday, January 19, 2017
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Thursday, April 20, 2017
Thursday, May 18, 2017
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Thursday, July 20, 2017
Thursday, August 17, 2017
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Reservations are required as seating is limited. To make a reservation, contact William Hori at (559) 487-5791 ext. 2701 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free parking is available on R Street.
Here are some links to assist your company in becoming certified to do business with the State of California as a SBE, DVBE, or DBE.
- Advantages of being a Certified Small Business
- Caltrans Business Enterprise Program
- DBE Certification Forms
- Department of General Service, Office of Small Business Certification and Resources
- Prevailing Wage Information
- Doing Business With Caltrans
Caltrans goal is to exceed the 25% mandate for utilization of certified small businesses, and 5% with Disabled Veterans Business Enterprises (DVBE) for all contracting and purchases.
Small Business Certification
- Must be independently owned and operated;
- Can not be dominant in its field of operations;
- Must have its principal office located in California;
- Must have its owners (or officers in the case of a corporation) domiciled in California; and
- Together with your affiliates, be either:
- A business with 100 or fewer employees, and an average annual gross receipts of $14 million or less over the previous three tax years, or
- A manufacturer with 100 or fewer employees.
Interactive Small Business Resource Map: http://california.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=f69828845dc94cbfbcb380597792e177
This is a resource for finding a local SBA office, SBDC office or a Financial Lending Development Corps office. Also, the map provides locations of Enterprise Zones.
U.S. Small Business Administration
801 R Street, Suite 201, 2nd Floor
Fresno, CA 93721
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
Small Business Contact Information
Morris Caudle, District 6 Small Business Liaison
Telephone: (559) 444-2585
Fax: (559) 445-5828
District 6 Links
- Central Region Calmentor Program
- District Small Business Liaison List
- Business, Transportation & Housing Agency
- Department of General Services (DGS) Links
- Central Valley Business Incubator
- Duns Number-(must have for CCR registration)
- Valley Small Business Development Center
- Office of Engineer Website, Caltrans Bidding Connect
Chamber of Commerce