Caltrans News Release
January 24, 2018
Contact: Cathryne Bruce-Johnson
Caltrans (619) 688-6670
Caltrans to Host Transportation Planning Grant Workshops
SAN DIEGO ——Caltrans will host two Transportation Planning Grant Workshops for Fiscal Year (FY) 2018-2019 traditional State and federal funding grants, as well as grant funding from Senate Bill 1, The Road Repair & Accountability Act of 2017. A total of $40.8 million is available for transportation planning projects statewide.
San Diego County
The available transportation planning grants include:
- Sustainable Communities Grants ($29.5 million): To encourage local and regional planning that furthers state goals, including, but not limited to, the goals and best practices cited in the Regional Transportation Plan Guidelines adopted by the California Transportation Commission.
- Strategic Partnerships Grants ($4.3 million): To identify and address statewide, interregional, or regional transportation deficiencies on the State highway system in partnership with Caltrans. New for FY 2018-2019 is a transit component that will fund planning projects that address multimodal transportation deficiencies with a focus on transit.
- Adaptation Planning Grants ($7 million): To support planning actions at local and regional levels that advance climate change adaptation efforts on the transportation system, especially efforts that serve the communities most vulnerable to climate change impacts. This is the second of only three funding cycles.
The grant application deadline is Feb. 23 by 5 p.m. Grant announcements are anticipated in May. The grant application guides, required forms and templates are available online at http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/tpp/grants.html.
Attending a grant workshop will provide potential applicants with an overview of the grants as well as an opportunity to pitch ideas and receive initial feedback.
Grant applicants are welcomed to contact Caltrans district staff to ask questions and receive technical assistance with application development.
- Imperial County: Call Beth Landrum at (619) 403-3217 or email to email@example.com.
- San Diego County: Call Barby Valentine at (619) 688-6003 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Californians can expect more roadway improvement projects made possible by the recently passed Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017, Senate Bill 1 (SB 1). Caltrans is committed to conducting its business in a fully transparent manner and detailing its progress to the public. For complete details on SB 1, visit http://www.rebuildingca.ca.gov/.
Follow @SDCaltrans on Twitter at www.twitter.com/SDCaltrans and visit Caltrans San Diego on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CaltransSanDiego for news related to state transportation in San Diego and Imperial counties.
# # #