Caltrans News Release
Oct. 17, 2016
Contact: Cathryne Bruce-Johnson, (619) 688-6670
Interstate 5/State Route 52 Paving Work to Impact Connectors—Revised
SAN DIEGO—Closures will take place on Interstate 5 (I-5) and State Route 52 (SR-52) connector ramps Sunday through Thursday nights for paving work through mid-November starting tonight, according to Caltrans. Detours and traffic alerts will be posted.
The following connectors and ramps are subject to closure during the construction timeframe from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
- Northbound I-5 connector ramp to eastbound SR-52
- Northbound I-5 connector ramp to westbound SR-52/La Jolla Parkway
- Southbound I-5 connector ramp to eastbound SR-52
- Westbound SR-52 to southbound I-5
- Westbound SR-52 to northbound I-5
- Westbound SR-52 to La Jolla Parkway
- La Jolla Parkway to southbound I-5
- La Jolla Parkway to eastbound SR-52
This maintenance preservation project will replace pavement on the connectors. The rubberized asphalt material is much more flexible and durable than other asphalt treatments and will reduce noise.
Motorists are reminded to slow down when driving through highway work zones.
Visit www.dot.ca.gov/d11/ and follow @SDCaltrans on Twitter for current transportation information, construction, closures, and major traffic incidents on state highways in San Diego and Imperial counties.
# # #