SR 4 - Crosstown Freeway Ramp Extension
The State Route 4 Crosstown Freeway project will extend the Crosstown Freeway west from Fresno Avenue to Navy Drive. The extension will be carried on twin viaduct (bridge) structures that will cross over Fresno Avenue creating a grade separation that will no longer allow highway traffic to enter the Boggs Tract neighborhood at Fresno Avenue. Navy Drive will be converted to a four-lane facility with a partial interchange.
- Improve the connection between I-5/Crosstown Freeway, the Port of Stockton and adjacent industrial uses;
- Reduce industrial truck traffic through the residential Boggs Tract neighborhood;
The project is programmed and funded through a combination of the Porposition 1B Trade Corridor Improvement Fund (TCIF) and Measure K (San Joaquin County's one-half cent sales tax).
- Trade Corridor Improvement Fund: $70 Million
- Measure K: $70 Million
- Total Project Cost: $140 Million
Construction will generally take place Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The contractor may also work at night on occasion. To minimize impact and maintain traffic movement, construction will be completed in stages. Construction is slated for completion in fall 2017.
The San Joaquin Council of Governments (SJCOG) is the lead agency for design, working in partnership with Caltrans, the lead agency for construction as well as the City of Stockton and San Joaquin County.
1976 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
Stockton, CA 95205
Phone: (209) 948-7977
District 10 alerts and other information.
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
District 10 Links
- Caltrans is Hiring
- Caltrans Directory
- CalTrans Future in Transportation Scholarship
- California Highway Patrol
- Caltrans Live Traffic Cameras
- California Transportation Planning (CTP)
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Federal Highway Administration - Economic Recovery
- Road Conditions (Cell Phone Format)
- Route 99 Business Plan
- Winter Driving Tips
- Winter Driving Video
- Winter Driving Brochure
District 10 Twitter Feed
Phone: (209) 948-7543